Data analytics is emerging as a field that is going to write the future of the world. Whether it’s Amazon or Zomato’s success stories or the unbelievable number of rise in tech startups in India, the mantra behind all of them have been Data Science.
Data is the new fuel that runs every business. And if you want to remain relevant and secure your future career, then this field is definitely one of the best choices for you.
Why Data Science?
- The Big Data technology and services market is expected to grow at 27% CAGR, which is 6 times the growth rate of Indian Information and Communication Technology market.
- 78% of the Indian industries think that Bid Data is an utmost essential technology to better customer relationships.
- 53% of the enterprises fee; there is a shortage of talent to implement and execute Big Data projects.
- According to NASSCOM, India’s big data sector will have 32% share in the global market.
- Currently, there are 600 companies in the space of Data Analytics and another 200 will be added in the next couple of years.
- Indian Government and other public authorities are of the opinion that data science might find a solution to the problems of power shortage and air pollution.
However, the scarcity of data science professionals is particularly acute and demand for the same is increasing every day as more data science professionals are needed now for outsourcing work as well.
The sectors that are using Data Analytics are –
- Unified Payments Interface
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Distribution Companies
- Defense Research and Development Organisation
The career prospects after completing M.Sc or B.Sc in Data Science are –
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Data Mining and Statistical Analyst
- Data Science Executive
- MIS Executive
Areas where you can find employment –
- Power Distribution Companies
- Fraud Detection
- Energy and Risk Management Sectors
Organisations with greatest number of opening for data scientists are –
- JP Morgan
- Ernst and Young
- TATA Group
- Axis Bank and more.
A Data Science course in Kolkata is generally conducted jointly with Analytics companies and educational institutes. In this way, students get academic guidance as well as industrial exposure. They get ample opportunities to work on industry problems and projects.
They also at times after the completion of their M.Sc or B.Sc in Data Science get an opportunity to work on live projects with the companies in the last semester.
Data Science or Data Analytics is a dominating technology for the growth of Artificial Intelligence too. The future will be driven by these two technologies mostly and so will be the entire business sector. The companies are already using autobots to engage with their customers and in the age of the emergence of ‘Google Assistant’ for one and all, can we afford to ignore the role Data Science will play in our future career? The answer is No!