West Bengal Civil Services (WBCS) is one of the most reputed and respectable areas of work in the West Bengal government. It includes a large number of job positions for civil services. Students who clear this examination, get to work in the top offices of the State government and serve their beloved West Bengal.
As enticing as this might sound, this examination is really difficult to crack. Gulping down the whole WBCS course is no child’s play. People need proper coaching and training to do that. If you think that you will be able to crack down this examination without proper coaching then you are seriously mistaken.
Joining a WBCS coaching in Kolkata is really important if students really want to get through the examination. The coaching allows you to understand the syllabus properly and then help you with all the rounds. WBCS coaching center helps your exam preparation and can also help you in getting good marks in the exam.
Eligibility Criterion for WBCS exams
The West Bengal Civil Services Examination takes place each year or as when announced by the West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC).
It is conducted in three stages-
Candidates sitting for the examination are required to qualify WBCS eligibility criteria as set by the West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC).
Here are some of the major criteria announced by the commission with regards to WBCS 2020.
- A candidate must be an Indian citizen (either natural or by registration.)
- The candidate must have good health and character and suitability in all respects for appointment to Government service.
- A candidate should be able to read, write and speak in Bengali (Candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali are excluded)
In terms of age limit
Minimum WBCS Age Limit for:
- Group A and C – 21 years
- Group B – 20 years (For West Bengal Police Service only)
- Group D – 21 years
Maximum WBCS Age Limit for:
- Group A and C – 36 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination)
- Group B – 36 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination)
- Group D – 39 years (As on January 1 of the year of the examination)
*Those candidates whose date of birth lies between the 1st January 1999 & the 1st January 2000 [i.e. whose age is between 20 & 21 years as on 01.01.2020] may apply for Group B only.
*Age, as recorded only in the Madhyamik or equivalent certificate, will be accepted.
*The age limits apply to all the candidates whether in Government service or not.
To know more about WBCS coaching, reach out to us and we will be more than happy to help you out!