The complete structure of public service commission Exam 2020
Public Service Commission (PSC) examinations are going to take place this year sometime by the end. The government is still toddling with the date considering the pandemic situation going around the nation. These are times when students should join PSC coaching in Kolkata and utilize the time for preparation.
Joining a public service commission coaching is ought to help you achieve the most amount of preparation and give you the most definite tips to actually crack these examinations.
Pattern of WBPSC Exams
WBPSC Civil Services Exam takes place in three stages:
- Preliminary- 1 paper (General Studies) (MCQ)
- Mains- 8 papers (6 compulsory and 2 Optional) (MCQ/Descriptive Test)
The PSCWB vacancies vary every year
- 2020 – Yet to be announced
- 2019 – Almost similar
- 2018- 200 [Unreserved – 100, SC – 44, ST – 12, OBC(A) – 20, OBC(B) – 14,MSP-04, HI- 02, BLIND/LV-02 & LD/CP- 02]
A large number of students who have cracked these examinations are of the opinion that studying at a coaching centre helped them get a core of the syllabus. It helped them really get the pattern of the examination well.
The WBPSC prelims exam has only one paper on ‘General Studies.’ It has a total 8 topics:
- English Composition
- General Science
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- History of India
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian National Movement
- General Mental Ability
The WBPSC Mains Exam has below-given six compulsory papers:
- General Studies-I
- General Studies-II
- The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India
- Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
To cover these vast syllabuses, it would be required that you take some good coaching. Contact us and we will help you find the most appropriate one.