These days, Data Science has become the talk of the town. It’s a big step in understanding how computers function. Daily operations-to-day technological progress and the production of vast quantities of data have contributed to the high number of data scientists worldwide. The significance of collecting and examining data is vital because it allows companies to assess patterns in a specific market, and thereby affect them.
Data Science encompasses other groundbreaking technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Deep Learning and etc. Data science has advanced and technology advancements have increased its influence across all industries.
What exactly is Data Science?
Data Science is essentially a conglomeration of the math, programming, statistics and architecture used to handle virtual data analysis efficiently.
It can be described as an integrative tool that makes use of statistical methods, processes, equations, and frameworks in order to extract insights from various data sources. Data analytics combines statistics and machine learning. In formal language, it helps us in order to understand and analyze the various jargons of analytics with data programming.
Therefore, a course in a data science masters degree would prepare you to ace this career field with perfection.
The main 3 components involved in data science are- organizing, packaging and delivering data.
Who can be a data scientist?
A senior data scientist at a leading firm once said that, a data scientist professional can be called a ‘jack-of-all-trades’. As mentioned earlier, a data science course would inculcate tons of different professions with a peak scope in all.
The three primary skills any data scientist would need to have are:
- a) Good understanding of statistics/math and problem-solving
- b) A solid grip over computer programming literacy
- c) Good knowledge of the business/brand/service they are working for.
Data Science: Future Career Prospects
India’s leading newspaper, ‘The Hindu’ conducted a survey in the beginning of 2020 on the data science industry. They reported that there are over 97000 vacancies empty for data scientists because not enough people are applying.
- There has been a sharp increase of over 52% in the field of data science. More and more professionals are in demand for these jobs.
- The tremendous supply and demand gap has created a large sea of jobs. Once you have a degree, there are no shortages for employment.
- It is estimated that in the next four years, the data science field is sought to grow over 66% than its present stature. That accounts for over 9.5 million new jobs in India alone.
There are various different portfolios and industries where people can start working after finishing their degree. Here are some of the most recruiting industries for data scientists:
- Banking and Finance
- Information Technology (IT)
- Education and etc.
iLead College offers one of the most prestigious data science degrees to its students. It is one of the leading institutes offering the most top-notch education in Kolkata along with 100% placements and international internships.
Contact us to find out more!