If you are creative, have loads of stories in mind, a team player, have a knack to create great visuals or have a passionate love for the art of cinema, then this field is definitely for you.
However, in today’s time, enrolling into one of the film making courses in India is of essential in order to kickstart your career in the field of films.
Data of The Film Making Industry in India as per FICCI stands as –
- The film industry grew by 12.2% to reach INR 174.5 billion
- The digital/OTT rights drove the industry growth. It growth rate stood at 59%
- The overseas theatrical market for Indian movies was at INR 25 billion in 2017
- Movies contributed to 24% of television viewership
- Digital platforms invested INR 13.5 billion to procure exclusive film rights and premium windowing
- Through an effective policy, film tourism in India can generate revenues upto US $ 3 billion
The future outlook of the industry stands as –
- OTT platforms will push the Indian film industry reach wider international audience with the help of dubbed or content with subtitles
- Regional content will receive massive boost on OTT platforms. They will also invest extensively in the regional content production
- This will contribute to the start of new regional production houses and launch of newer film industries across different states and cities in the country.
The data as stated above clearly indicates that the film industry is going to flourish in India in the coming times and the OTT platform is going to act as a catalyst in the process. These developments will increase jobs and demand for creative and skilled individuals will be high.
Hence, film making courses in India including cinematography courses, animation courses, editing courses, photography courses will be in high demand by students. However, students who are focused on becoming filmmakers should opt for a overall film making degree course that will include all of these courses.
After completing a filmmaking course, you will be able sign up for any of the following job profiles –
- Assistant Director
- Executive Producer
- Director of Photography (DOP)
- VFX Artist
- Sound Engineer
- Production Supervisor
- Post Production Coordinator
- Associate Producer
- Line Producer
- Location Manager
- Dolly Grip
- 1st and 2nd AC
- Field Recording Mixer
- Boom Operator and much more
Indian film industries operate in various states separately which includes Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Gujarat, Orissa, West Bengal, Assam, Bihar etc. Each of these industries produce films, TV serials, short films and series for OTT platforms.
Audience growth and improved technology has allowed the industries to witness double digit growth in recent times. And the emergence of mobile phones, internet and digital platforms like Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Netflix India, MX Player, Hoichoi, ZEE5, AltBalaji and more are contributing to welcome newer opportunities for the youth in the world of cinema.